What Is Love? Part 3Part ThreeWhat Is Love? Part 3 by LittlewriterLink
At the first chance I got, I took up my sword and shield and crept to the stairway, nothing more than a creaky piece of wood that went from room to room. I heard her in the pantry, selecting food from the maze of jars and bottles on the shelves, reading the labels with her fingers. I slithered down the stairs like a snake and tip-toed towards the door. Opening and shutting it with hardly a sound.
I wished so much I could run, but a brisk walk was all I could manage, listening to my blade whisper behind me made me want to speed my pace up, I couldn’t take this much longer! I covered my ears with my hat and scanned the area, finding a hole in the ground surrounded by some evergreen trees. I dropped down it, landing slowly as was the hole’s design and walked in the dark, allowing my eyes to adjust; just after I had crashed into the open chest that was in the way.
I threw my sword and shield in and slammed the lid shut, it locked itself back up. But I felt i
What Is Love? Part 2Part TwoWhat Is Love? Part 2 by LittlewriterLink
I managed to stop Ciela before she sawed through my wrist by grabbing her own; rather hard but it was enough to signal to stop. She replaced the blades in her hair to hide them and her ears flicked a couple of times. She pushed me down on the pillows and covered the cut rope with the blanket and my face, I would like to add, so that my red eyes shone through the fabric like torches. The barn door hit the frame with a crash so hard that the horses whinnied in their pens; stamping their great hooves on the hay covered floor.
“I told you to stay away from him!” Neri barked, his heavy footsteps coming closer to the stall I sat in
“He’s done nothing to harm us! I think we should give him the spare room till he is better; it’s a lot better than sleeping in this damp, cold place!” Ciela argued I saw her fold her arms. “It’s bad for his health.”
“We shouldn’t care for such a monster like him! Ciela, I know you can
Waking upChapter 3: The life of a humanWaking up by leontinees
This time, when I woke up, I was in a poor pallet instead the open field. Eglaia was sitting right beside me, so noticed immediately. However, she didn't say anything, and instead looked at me quite sorrowfully.
- How are you feeling?
- ... Hot. Like my skin is burning.
- You don't have a fever, I checked - her voice sounded strangely soft - But is midday already, this hot is normal, like the cold at night. You'll get used to it. Also, you gave me such a scare! - she reproached me - I didn't believe a goddess could faint.
- I'm human now, and I will be for some time. You mortal beings are so weak...
- Who's the one that fainted? Certainly not me, the mortal being.
I couldn't talk back to that, she was so right. That annoyed me a little.
- Explain more about this, Eglaia - I demanded - I want to be warned about the things that could make me faint.
- Have you ever heard about please and thanks? - she snorted, but seemed relieved that I